Holiday times are for fun, laughter, and spending time with family (hopefully any crazy relatives get you something good!). Here are some tips to make sure it is a safe one:
- Make sure not to overload electrical outlets.
- Keep your tree watered, a dry tree increases the chance of a fire.
- Turn off all lights and decorations when leaving your house or going to sleep.Note: replacing your Christmas lights with the new LED options, lowers the load on your outlets and your electric bill this month.
- Protect all your cords and decoration from damage.
- Keep all combustibles (decorations, presents, and especially the stockings) at least 3’ from any heat source.
Happy holidays from all of us at Richardson Electrical!